Before becoming a trusted personal injury lawyer in the Kansas City area, Jeffrey J. Carey began his career representing insurance companies at one of the Kansas City Metropolitan Area’s largest insurance defense firms. Since 1999, he has been in private practice as a personal injury lawyer in Lee’s Summit. In his role as a personal injury lawyer, he is compassionate about the practice of law and obtaining justice for individuals in need.
Lee’s Summit Personal Injury Lawyer Experience
- Lead Counsel, Gerle v. Western Heritage Insurance Company (1.6 million dollar bad faith insurance practices settlement)
- Lead Counsel, Spielvogel v. Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission (3.2 million dollar arbitration award)
- Lead Counsel, confidential settlement of wrongful death action involving security guard negligence
- Lead Counsel, Klein v. City of Merriam, Kansas (trial regarding violation of Kansas Open Records Act results in finding of gross negligence on the part of the City and an award of attorney’s fees)
- Lead Counsel, defective construction and slander of title jury trial involving the award of punitive damages
- Lead Counsel – Willoughby v. Kansas City Taxi, LLC (Equitable adoption of step-son after the death of 87 year old man results in $100,000 recovery)
- Lead Counsel, Antholtz v. AMCO Insurance Co. ($100,000 jury verdict after rejection of $8000 pretrial offer)
- Participating counsel, mesothelioma-wrongful death, confidential parties, settlements totaling in excess of 2 million for a former railroad worker exposed to asbestos.
- Participating counsel, McGee v. Allergan, confidential settlement for Guillian-Barre Syndrome induced by Botox.
Our law firm has gained successful results as a personal injury lawyer for clients in automobile accidents, trucking accidents, civil rights cases, defective and dangerous product litigation, slip and fall cases, nursing home negligence cases, and medical malpractice cases.
We also have experience in significant mergers and acquisitions and general corporate experience.
- B.A. Economics and Political Science, University of Missouri
- Juris Doctorate, University of Missouri-Kansas City
- M.B.A., University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Member, UMKC Law Review
- President, International Law Society
- CALI Award for Excellence-Securities Regulation
- Extensive coursework in business taxation
Community Service and Professional Memberships
- Lee’s Summit Chamber of Commerce (1998 to present)
- Former co-chair of the Chamber’s Business Development Council
- General counsel to the Lee’s Summit Senior Center from formation to 2007.
- Board Member of Lee’s Summit Parks and Recreation (2007 to 2010)
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Eastern Jackson County Bar Association
Partner with Lee’s Summit’s Trusted Personal Injury Lawyer
If you’ve been injured, consulting a personal injury lawyer is the smart next step in getting the care you deserve. Enlisting help from one of Lee’s Summit’s top personal injury lawyers can help to ensure that you get the protection you need after an injury. Call (816) 875-9557 to connect with our team and see if you can benefit from consulting a personal injury lawyer today.